Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Accountability....

I was thinking last night about my accountability to my Lord. He saved me and redeemed me. I am dead to sin by what he did on the cross for me. So I'm responsible for what I am willing to accept into my life. The latest fad TV show that offends my ears with words and scenes I don't want to hear or see. The one everyone else thinks it's so great, including some of my family members. The media that tries to shove their propaganda down my throat daily. The focus on a rich kid that grew up to be a woman killer now in custody. Back when he was originally charged he drew allot of tourist dollars for Aruba.

 Christ died for me without putting up a fight, without slandering, without violence, without defending himself...for me...for you. Why should I then even care about "the things of this world"?  I use to "go along" I don't do that anymore. I use to be afraid to speak-up...not anymore... It's cost me people that I thought were my friends...it's labelled me a Radical Christian....Self Righteous...even names I dare not type here. But I don't care...I've been delivered from cigarettes...drugs... not feeling worthy... from countless things ...into the dynamic, artistic, creative woman I am today...I'm not ashamed.... I'm thankful and fully accountable.




Calla Lily, (C) J Dobbins 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment