Friday, July 16, 2010

Life always has sidetracks...

Well, things have been interesting and a little distressing as of late. My youngest sister's husband had a heart attack and is having triple by-pass surgery this coming Monday in N. Augusta, SC. I've heard from her more the last few days than I have in an entire lifetime.

I've been really sick. My Coumadin levels have plummeted again from no apparent reason. I have a surgical procedure I have to start preparing for on the 27th for an actual date of August 2nd. No Coumadin for 5 days.... praying that my heart does not fibrillate and there isn't a thrown clot. Talk about negative thinking, sometimes you just can't help it. I do realize that I'm in the hands of my Lord Savior.

It's been also hard to walk still, the heel spur issue hasn't been resolved yet. I have decided on not having anymore cortisone shots into my heel. It does no good at all, and I develop pain at the injection site. Orthotics should be in soon. What a pain, in more ways than one.

Been having to think through some tough feelings lately. I love being an artist, I like very much working in multi-media. Photography means allot to me. Recently a person I grew up with and haven't seen in years, has shown up on one of the social network sites I frequent. They have been looking at all my photos and followinging links to my photos on other sites. Now they are shooting photos. Do I feel jealousy, or am I just irked? I have an old friend who has always told me, imitation is the highest form of a compliment. I've never really been able to buy that one. Sounds good in the short run, but not in the long. I say, " Hey get your own style and passion, don't mimic mine." As I said, I'm having some issues. One day it'll be alright.

Made almost 60 dollars worth of soap sales at the Fiber Spinning Guild I belong to.That's so much better than only 11 sales on Etsy. That bugs me too. There's probably over a million soapmakers, fiber artists on that site, how do you find your niche...just sayin... Ordered some Coyote Cotton roving from one of my favorite fiber artists. I love spinning cotton. Thinking on a cotton shrug. Who knows.

My sister and bestfriend Patty, is also having medical issues. I pray for a diagnosis soon. She's my hero, can't tell you how much I admire and adore her. She is a Chaplain in Hospice, God does mighty work through Patty.



Purple Coneflower @ Midnight
(C) J Dobbins July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment