Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flooded with ideas...

Well, I'm in the planning stages of my next batch of soap. A true coconut cream soap . I found this really old soap recipe, that used coconut milk instead of water. Sounds pretty good since my goat milk soaps as of late are made with pure goat milk, no water. Why not coconut milk? I've decided to also use finely , and I do mean finely shredded coconut, and scent with coconut fragrance oil.  Decided to super fat with walnut oil instead of castor. ( however that might change) Going to do a 1lb. test batch next week.Gave Marty a bar of the Delightfully Dill, he's my best critic...the jury is in...loves it. He seems to favor all the goat milk, don't know why. Need to send Patty a bar too.

Came face to face with a baby Groundhog yesterday. He's sharing the Chipmunk's residence. It doesn't seem to be scared of me. Not good, especially since one of my neighbors hates Groundhogs. I don't care that its mowed down allot of my Johnson Blue Geraniums. As long as he steers clear of my Calla Lillie's;>) Have lots to do to get ready for the North Country Spinners Guild tomorrow. Been also tweaking my Etsy Shop, and sitting in on some Etsy Virtual Labs. Have learned quite a bit about promoting myself.Will close with this  photo of a little bandit in my carrot garden...

Little Bandit in the carrot garden
(C)J Dobbins 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment