Friday, September 17, 2010

The day is nearing

Well...hummm.... this weekend is Wilbur's Country Fair...big time shopping going to go on there. Friday the 24th, I'll be leaving in the late afternoon for my Guild's Fiber Retreat Weekend. I have everything almost ready to go.

 September and October always go by in a flash for me. Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool is the 16th and 17th of October. I have everything planned and ready.

We started September with the better half on a nine day vacation. We headed to Sandy Hook, it was overcast and cool, but we didn't care. We had fabulous fried oysters at Bahr's Dockside, it was nice. I didn't get any photos of the Peregrines that were spotted flying low to the beach, but...oh well...another day will come. We went on the 12th to Belvidere NJ's, Victorian Festival.  The entire town is full of painted lady Victorian Homes. While they are gorgeous; I surely didn't have anything in common with that era. I know my sister would.

I still have stray hummingbirds stopping by. My Butterfly Bush is still in full bloom, and they gorge on the nectar. Very few males now, mostly all females. They are a different kinda nasty compared to the feisty males. I have been getting some good photos of young male Cardinal's just out of molt. One captured my heart early this week; on a dreary, rainy, day.


Young male Cardinal
(c) J Dobbins September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment