Saturday, January 18, 2014

Coming to Terms

 
 
I fell in my drive way in October and had to have knee surgery. Both meniscus were destroyed beyond repair. So, the Dr. cut out all the torn menisci. It's been hard trying to get back to post injury.
 
My so-called neighbor, who is throwing around his wealth in outdoor hardscape. Has cut down all the trees except for one. No thought to the migratory birds or the increased water run off he has caused. The two properties have shared driveways since the 40's. He has taken away our right to use the drive, cutting off access to our house with any type of vehicle. They have been rude to us, with the weeks of stone cutting drenching our house and vehicles in nasty stone dust. The large equipment has torn up our property, killed my cat, polluted our hearing with constant noise.  Recovery from surgery has been made more miserable by this "good neighbor" his words not mine. I was worried in June about the fence he was erecting on the property line, now I can't wait for it to go up.
 
I worry for the returning hummingbirds, generations have been nesting here for years. I have watched and cared for them for just at 20 years. They have lost their nest sites in those trees that meant so much to their habitat. And so much to our earth.
 
 
 
Young Ruby-Throat Male
Just getting his red gorget feathers
Kemah Lake
My Lilly Garden ~ 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment